The Exchange Club of Albany is a member of The National Exchange Club established on March 27, 1911, in Detroit, MI. Since that time, Exchange has grown to become “America’s Oldest Service” organization with more than 630 local-level clubs comprised of more than 18,000 members across the United States and in Puerto.
Albany Exchange Club Received its Charter September 25, 1936. Beginning with a membership of twenty-three men and women, continues to grow with a membership of one hundred fifty six men and women, serving Albany and Southwest Georgia, supporting Americanism, Community, Youth and Prevention of Child Abuse.
The Exchange Club of Albany’s four main programs of service are Americanism, Community Service, and Youth and Prevention of Child Abuse. The Exchange Club of Albany identifies the needs of our community and, in most cases, provide for those needs through projects falling under the Programs of Service. We are supported by our own officers, boards of directors, and self-raised funds. Members of the Exchange Club of Albany do not collect salary for their time or service. We do this to make our community a better place to live. We also develop valuable community partnerships with like-minded individuals and organizations working toward common goals.